Saturday, January 5, 2013

the debut

and here I am again.

I've been blogging off and on for two years now. I've had two other blogs by different names, but this makes numero tres (that's three in Spanish. Just in case you weren't familiar, ya know?). The thing is - I'm not good at blogging. I have the attention span of a butternut squash. When I sit down to write a post, I usually see something shiny, or I get thirsty, or I have to poop, or I fall asleep, or I end up YouTubing kittens doing funny things like yawning and farting at the same time. I mean, I just can't help it.

I've decided to give this a third and final try since three is one of my lucky numbers and third time is a charm and good things come in threes - you get it, right? Good. Let's go.

I've started this blog to document my experience of completing and publishing my debut novel. I've been writing for most of my life, starting with NSync fan fiction when I was thirteen. (Hey, I'm not proud, but I wrote bitchin' stories about Justin Timberlake. What about it????!!!) It's been fifteen years since those days of writing about JT and 'fro and here I am, still writing - but my genre has advanced. Thank God.

In an effort to not take away from the writing of my novel, I waited until it was with my editor so that I could give enough time to starting this blog. And here I am. As my 83,600 words of fiction get edited away, I've arrived here. I hope to post about the many ups and downs of what will happen as I work through my drafts and my hopes to self-publish in the coming months.

So stick with me. There's bound to be laughs, tears, and kittens. Definitely kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment